KUALA LUMPUR: Police have stepped up their search for six-year-old William Yau Zhen Zhong, initiating the nationwide National Urgent Response (NUR) Alert for missing children.
Federal Criminal Investigations Department (CID) director Comm Datuk Seri Mohd Bakri Zinin said a picture and description of William had been sent to all the country’s entry and exit points.
“We are concentrating our efforts on locating him,” he said after launching a book on the department in Taman Muda, Ampang, here yesterday.
Police, said Comm Mohd Bakri, had yet to find any signs of foul play in the boy’s disappearance.
“It’s been three days (since he went missing) but we have not found anything like a ransom demand to point to this being a kidnapping or anything sinister.
“However, we are still investigating,” he said.
Meanwhile, Subang Jaya OCPD Asst Comm Yahaya Ramli urged anyone with information on the boy’s whereabouts to contact the police immediately.
“He is about 70cm tall and has a scar on the left side of his forehead,” he said.
This is the sixth time that the NUR Alert had been triggered for missing children since it was launched in 2011.
Of the cases, two were found in Penang last year while another was found burnt to death and buried in a hole in Johor in March.
Two others, whose disappearance in 2010 triggered the alert, are still classified as missing.
Under the NUR Alert, information about missing children is spread via various channels, including the media, the police website and Facebookand posters, among others.
Those with information can contact Sgt Goh Lai Than at 03-5631 9800 or 012-219 7133 or the Selangor police hotline at 03-2052 9999.
– SUNDAY STAR