KUALA LUMPUR: The police have rubbished claims there has been a “shoot-to-kill” order issued on 179 people, rumours of which have been spreading on messaging apps.
City police chief Comm Datuk Amar Singh (pic) in a statement said that a voice recording had been spreading on WhatsApp, which also called for a mass assembly of gang members at Bukit Aman on July 15.
He added that the recording claimed that the kill orders were a ploy to reduce the Indian population.
“This accusation has no merit, is seditious, and can lead to friction between races.
“Investigations are underway to locate the mastermind behind this statement,” he said, adding the police will not hesitate to charge anyone spreading false information under the Sedition Act.-thestar